General Service Technician
The General Service Technician has the primary responsibility to ensure customers’ vehicles are properly service in a consistent, timely and accurate manner. To do this, the technician works with the service manager, service advisor and other shop staff to maintain a highly performing production team. He/She accurately follows the procedures and processes as well as exhibits the values of Kerner’s Auto Service.
- Attitude :
- Always maintain a consistent positive attitude with staff, vendors, customers and the community.
- Accountability :
- Available to work daily from 7:00am – 6:00pm.
- Be responsive to service department’s sense of urgency.
- Follow through with agreements and commitments.
- Honesty :
- Only recommends repairs/maintenance that is needed.
- Maintains integrity regarding inventory.
- Procedural :
- Accurately executes all repair and maintenance procedures.
- Willing and able to follow directions from the service staff and owners.
- Meet all operational standards.
- Immediately notify the service manager when these standards are deficient.
- Comply with and enforce Kerner’s Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to perform general vehicle service maintenance as trained.
- Is directly accountable to the service manager and advisor.
- Team Member :
- Exhibit and maintain accountability for upholding the company's core values.
- Align actions with words.
- Alert the service manager and advisor of customer issues or concerns immediately through proper communication and documentation
- Communication :
- Communicate with dignity and in a respectful manner.
- Actively listen to diverse points of view.
- Possess basic word processing and computer skills.
- Speak and write fluent English.
- Clearly communicate any changes in the needed repairs or maintenance and the reason for them.
- Training :
- Desire, ability and commitment to become ASE Master Certified.
- Proactive in attaining minimum of 5 hours of training per quarter (20 hours per year).
- Experience :
- 1 years of general experience working on all makes and models.
- Ability and experience using a variety of information resources for diagnosis.
- Possess deductive reasoning skills that translate into strong diagnostic skills.
- Physical – Able to lift up to 50 pounds